Asked by Steve from UK | Jun. 13, 2013 04:32
About:China Embassy in Switzerland

Is it possible to obtain a visa from the Consulate in Bern for a UK citizen?

I am a UK citizen, am employed by a UK company and reside in the UK. I am currently working in Geneva for a Swiss organisation. As it is a short-term contract I do not have a Carte de Legitimation.

I now need to visit China from Monday 24th June for one week. I therefore need one. I understand I will need a type F with single entry 3-month validity. I have a copy of the invitation letter from the Company I will be visiting.

As I am currently in Geneva and will travel again to Geneva next week, my passport will be with me in Switzerland.

Is it therefore possible to obtain it from the Consulate in Bern? I would like to do this as an expedited service.


Answers (1)
Answered by Neil from Canada | Jun. 14, 2013 20:44
Hi, it is possible to apply from Chinese embassy in Bern if you work there. You can submit your application to the consular office in person. As far as I know, expedited service is available for UK passport holders.
Related Questions:
What do I need to get a visa for PRC for UK citizen living in Zurich and wh...
Asked by Katrina from Switzerland
| Apr. 23, 2017 20:18
Is it not possible for a UK citizen to obtain a 10 year Chinese tourist vis...
Asked by Cameron from United Kingdom
| Apr. 08, 2016 00:50
Possible for a British citizen with UK passport to obtain a Chinese visa fr...
Asked by Scott Atack from USA
| Oct. 20, 2015 02:49
chinese visa from india for uk citizen
Asked by saz from United Kingdom
| Jun. 26, 2012 04:11
Hi, I am a Swiss citizen living and working in London UK. Can I get my v...
Asked by Mr.Michael from Switzerland
| Jul. 08, 2010 22:49
Applying for a Chinese Tourist Visa outside of the UK
Asked by Alex from UK in Malaysia
| May. 20, 2012 03:12
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)