Asked by Rowan | Jun. 13, 2013 04:05
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

convert F to X for exchange study

I'm heading to China for a summer camp trip that I won to Changsha (finishing in Beijing) from the 20th of August to the 1st of July 2013. I've also organised an exchange to Beijing University of Technology which starts on the 1st of September 2013 to the 30th of June 2014. There is a month in between these dates that I'd rather not waste money on plane tickets for, but I'm wondering whether this is possible in terms of visas.

I'll be doing my summer camp under a business (F) and my exchange on a study (X), then apply for a temporary residence permit for the rest of my exchange. I know you can usually extend F, but is it possible to extend my F until my X comes into effect? Will I need to re-enter or have to jump through any other hoops for this to happen?

Thanks for any help!

Answers (1)
Answered by Tyler from Canada | Jun. 14, 2013 04:17
Hi, it is ok for you to extend your F for one more month without leaving. Please note that you can not have two visas at the same time. Once you extended your F within mainland, you have to exit and apply for the student X in HK or back to your home country. You can also contact a local agency for the latest information.
Related Questions:
Conversion from F to X visa
Asked by Abdullah from Yemen
| Feb. 05, 2014 02:44
Convert study visa to spousal type
Asked by Marie from Zimbabwe
| Jan. 06, 2016 20:11
Chinese M converted to X visa
Asked by Shuài from Senegal
| Jun. 18, 2018 22:49
Two questions: (1)If a student travels to China on a student/business F vis...
Asked by Ms.Lawrence from USA
| Jun. 24, 2010 01:47
my name is philip. and I'm from Ghana.
Asked by philip from Ghana
| Nov. 25, 2015 19:25
HOTEL BOOKING. please what do I do?
Asked by Chike from Nigeria
| Jun. 03, 2018 21:18
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)