Asked by Savinay from India | May. 28, 2013 16:57
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

Is Visa required if we are landing at an airport and taking an intnl flight from other airport

I am an Indian citizen doing my studies in USA. I am flying back to India. Previously my flight was landing at Beijing airport and I had another flight from there only.

But now my airlines has cancelled that flight. I have to reach India on the same date. My airlines is able to shift me to some other airlines which flies from Beijing to Shanghai and then to Delhi. Do I need to have one for this?

Answers (3)
Answered by mars from NZ | May. 29, 2013 01:22
If your two stopovers in total are longer than 24 hours, you need to apply for a transit G in advance. But it is ok if you will stay for less than 24 hours.
Answered by Savinay from New Zealand | May. 29, 2013 10:15
Hey Mars,

I won't have to take any visa even if I am changing airports from Beijing to Shanghai? My total stay in china will be approx. 17 hrs.
Answered by Mars | May. 30, 2013 02:51
Yes, you are right.
Related Questions:
Would we still qualify for the 72hr free transit in China?
Asked by Roland from USA
| Dec. 17, 2013 02:14
We are staying in Kolkata, having Indian passports. What do we need to get ...
Asked by Supriya from India
| Aug. 21, 2011 22:31
72 hour visa free transit issue
Asked by bruce from United Kingdom
| Jul. 24, 2017 20:49
Flight home from HAN-PVG-PEK-YYZ staying less than 72hr either city?
Asked by Robert from Canada
| Nov. 10, 2015 19:05
78 hours for transit? What do we do
Asked by Chris from Canada
| Sep. 03, 2014 21:07
Stopping in China on my way to Thailand
Asked by Gabriela Flores from USA
| Mar. 23, 2017 21:47
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)