Asked by robert from Thailand | Apr. 27, 2013 08:47
About:China Tourist Visa

What kind of visa do I need and what documents are required?

I am a USA citizen who lives in Thailand and I want to visit China. I plan to drive through laos and cross into china and stay for about 1 week.I have a valid US passport and a valid visa to live in Thailand. There is a consulate in Chiang Mai. Is that where I should apply?

Answers (1)
Answered by Andy from United Kingdom | Apr. 30, 2013 04:17
You need to apply for a L type one. Usually, the applicants have to provide their passport, filled application form affixed with a passport size photo, round-trip air tickets and hotel reservation. Besides, some supporting materials are needed: Entry-Exit record and inter-city transport, itinerary, medical and personal accident insurance in China, personal savings, incomings or financial guarantees. The guarantee is calculated 100 USD per person per day and in accord with duration of stay in China.

You said that you plan to drive to China. So I think you should go to the Chinese consulate in Chiang Mai for more information.
Related Questions:
What kind of documents are required for Chinese work visa
Asked by Chinni from India
| Oct. 29, 2017 20:06
informastion for visit visa
Asked by nadir kamran from pakistan
| Feb. 21, 2012 01:50
what kind of documents do i need for working visa?
Asked by mimi from Macedonia
| Jun. 28, 2012 02:50
Hello, Im indian and currently working in tokyo. i would like to visit chin...
Asked by KT from India
| May. 11, 2016 21:51
Plz can someone tell me how I can apply for Hongkong multiple visa from fro...
Asked by Sandeep Singh from India
| Mar. 08, 2017 20:50
How to apply for F type
Asked by Lobna Dawoud from Egypt
| May. 04, 2016 20:25
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)