Asked by Steve from Canada | Apr. 22, 2013 16:30
About:China Visa Entries / Validity / Duration of Stay

90 day duration-2 entries....when do I need to exit by for trip to HongKong?

I have a Business-F for a duration of each stay of 90 days. I have 2 entries. My enter before date is Oct. 9, 2013. I plan to enter on May 6th, 2013 and I have a flight booked back to Canada on Aug. 1st, 2013. I am doing research in Hangzhou while there.
I want to do one weekend trip to Hong Kong, which requires an entry, and was hoping to do it mid July. I am also doing other trips to Shanghai, Beijing and Xian(these destinations do not require an entry correct?) during my 90 days.
I am being told by a traveling mate that I have to use the Visa to go to Hong Kong within 60 days of entering China, so this would mean I have to leave mainland for HongKong by July 4th(60 days after arriving on May 6th. I thought I just had to use the entry before the 90 days? Which is it it? If I only have 60 days to use my 2nd entry, this will affect when I book the weekend to Hong Kong. If I have 90 days to use the entry, then I can do the visit closer to the end of July. Would these entry conditions be the same on Student and Business F?

Answers (1)
Answered by Jessica from USA | Apr. 23, 2013 03:56
Hi, if your F was issued with 90 days as duration of each stay, you can exit before the 90 days, not the 60 days as your traveling mate said. It is ok for you to visit HK in mid July and re-enter to start the new 90 days. You are right that your itinerary between Shanghai, Beijing and Xian is domestic travel, the second entry is enough.
Related Questions:
Extend M visa in Shanghai
Asked by chorchun from USA
| Mar. 07, 2014 21:51
I have a Chinese visa that is set to expire 9/4/14. I am scheduled to arri...
Asked by Brad from USA
| Jul. 01, 2014 01:31
Hi, I am European citizen, planned to travel to Taiwan and from there to Ho...
Asked by Jyri from Finland
| Jul. 21, 2015 02:19
90 day, Multiple Entry, F Visa. Duration of stay
Asked by Timothy Brown from USA
| Apr. 23, 2012 21:01
To Exit China and Have a Flight from Hongkong to Philippines..
Asked by Reyna from Philippines
| Aug. 06, 2018 23:44
exit to hongkong for my second entry
Asked by jeng from Philippines
| Oct. 15, 2014 23:01
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)