Asked by Aurelia from United Kingdom | Apr. 14, 2013 11:34
About:China Transit Visa

do I need a Visa Transit (G-Visa) ?

Hi, I'm French (so European Passport), and I'll have a transit of 2 hours 50 at Guangzhou Baiyun Airport on my way to Singapore (I don't intend to go out from the airport) and then, on my way back, I'll have a transit of 14 hours 40 at Guangzhou Baiyun Airport (I may want to go out of the airport during that waiting time but nothing sure), I saw somewhere that 'Anyone desiring to go beyond the airport boundaries temporarily should obtain permission from the frontier inspection office', does that mean that I could get the permission once arriving at Guangzhou Baiyun Airport?

Answers (1)
Answered by Zoey from Switzerland | Apr. 15, 2013 00:58
The permission you referred is called "stay permit". You meet the requirements for 24 hours free transit in China. So you need to apply for the stay permit when you arrive at the airport.
Related Questions:
Do Australian citizen family need G Visa in advance, to stay 47 hours in S...
Asked by clare john from United Kingdom
| Sep. 17, 2011 22:26
i am going to United States with a 24HOUR stop-over at beijing china, with ...
Asked by jennings from Philippines
| Dec. 21, 2014 23:42
I have a US passport and I have 5 hours stop in CAN Airport. In Route to I...
Asked by EDUARDO ARANA from United States
| Oct. 12, 2015 20:50
Please im travelling to Hong Kong but will be transiting in Shanghai for a ...
Asked by julie from Nigeria
| Aug. 28, 2016 22:05
I am traveling from Japan to England. I have to stop at Shanghai for my nex...
Asked by Guest from England
| Oct. 31, 2016 22:07
I have Indian Passport. Flight CZ 3062 CAN (Baiyun, Guangzhou) 12 hrs trans...
Asked by Nutan Prasad from India
| Jan. 21, 2017 20:09
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)