Asked by Shee Heng from Canada | Mar. 11, 2013 00:10
About:China Embassy in Canada

Short visit to Shanghai

I plan to study Chinese Language in Taiwan for 3 months, beginning May 21 and after completing the study in Aug 21, my wife and myself plan to visit friends in Shanghai for 5 days. Do we need a visa visiting China, we hold Canadian passports, If we do, we have a problem of applying for it in Vancouver on time, as we leave for Taiwan on May 20, and it is only valid for 3 months from the date of the application.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mars from USA | Mar. 13, 2013 01:59
Visa is required if you stay for 5 days in Shanghai, and you have to apply in HK through a travel agency while you are in Taiwan. I am not sure if you heard of the 72 hour free transit via Shanghai airports. It is really great, visa is not required if you can provide a flight ticket back to Canada leaving within 72 hours from Shanghai.
Related Questions:
I want to go to 3416 Zhongchun Rd, Shanghai from 5800 South Hongmei Road by...
Asked by Moses from Kenya
| Aug. 23, 2014 21:13
Hi, I'll be in Shanghai for a short visit. How do I get to Ibis Yu Garden ...
Asked by Mr.Jose from Philippines
| Oct. 10, 2010 04:53
Is there a harry potter attraction and souvenirs in Shanghai Disneyland?
Asked by Maan from Philippines
| Aug. 07, 2017 22:58
Hi all I plan do make a short visit to Shanghai. Does anybody know if it i...
Asked by Mr.Roger
| Nov. 18, 2010 22:06
I am an Australian national stopping over/transit in PVG (Shanghai) for 6 h...
Asked by Andrew Gossage from Australia
| Dec. 09, 2011 03:32
Attractions routes in Shanghai
| Feb. 26, 2016 01:03
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)