Asked by Bob from USA | Mar. 05, 2013 16:58
About:China Consulate in San Francisco

VISA question after marriage with a Chinese

I am going to china this spring to marry a Chinese national, I will go there on my present multiple entry visa which is good until August of this year.

After I marry her I plan on staying there indefinitely, can I change my VISA while there to permit a longer stay than 30 days? What kind of it will I need after marriage to stay longer than the 30 day limit on my present one. Can I apply for it in China?

Answers (1)
Answered by Arthur from Canada | Mar. 06, 2013 03:47
Yes, you can apply for extension of your L visa after marriage registration in China. It is also possible for you to get a 6 months duration each entry with your marriage certificate and your wife's ID.
Related Questions:
I'm currently in China, but from Australia. I have the same Question as Mr...
Asked by Mr.Barron from Australia
| Feb. 07, 2011 01:41
My girlfriend is born 15/08/1990, and im born 10/12/1989.
Asked by Nathan from Singapore
| Apr. 24, 2018 21:56
am a nigerian and married to a chinese. after marriage i applied for marria...
Asked by Mr.joe from nigeria
| Mar. 03, 2010 02:45
Can i get visa after i marry my chinese girl in ghana and what do i need ...
Asked by senatra from Ghana
| Oct. 15, 2015 21:45
visa for work and marriage problem
Asked by silvia from italy
| Jan. 21, 2014 21:08
Post marriage procedure between a foreigner and chinese national outside ch...
Asked by clive from UAE
| Jul. 12, 2012 20:19
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)