Asked by Yvonne from Australia | Feb. 23, 2013 05:43
About:China Embassy in Australia

Stay in Shanghai for 3 days, do we need a visa?

We terminate our cruise in Shanghai and my husband & I will stay on for 3 days, we then fly to Cambodia. Do we need to get a visa for this short period.? I have had a previous visa when I went to Bejing but it is in an old passport. Would there be a record of this as I don't use that passport now. Also I have a NZ passport & my husband has an Australian one. Thanks

Answers (1)
Answered by judy from United Kingdom | Feb. 24, 2013 03:26
Yes, you two need visas for your short period stay in Shanghai. It doesn't matter. If your old passport was invalid, the visa on it was invalid too. If not, the old one automatically terminates when you get your new one.
Related Questions:
our route is US-HongKong-Shanghai-US. Planning to stay 3 days in Shanghai,...
Asked by Wendolyn from US
| Mar. 14, 2018 02:42
We are travelling to Shanghai to board a cruise to Japan for 8 nights.
Asked by Denise Cook from Australia
| Jan. 12, 2018 01:59
Do we still need a tourist visa if we'll stay for like 3 days?
Asked by Traceey from Philippines
| Jul. 25, 2012 04:55
do we (Filipinos) need a visa for shanghai if we are just guna stay for 5 d...
Asked by anne from Philippines
| Jun. 09, 2012 04:15
We embark on a Cruise ship from Shanghai to Tokyo.
Asked by Man Vo from USA
| Mar. 29, 2018 21:17
Traveling to Shanghai and plan to stay a few days in bejing, do we need a 2...
Asked by Stacy from United States
| Aug. 07, 2011 20:36
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)