Asked by Jenni from USA | Feb. 11, 2013 10:13
About:Chinese Consulate in Chicago

Passports returned by mail

My husband, daughter and I, all US citizens, will be traveling to China - Shanghai, to visit friends in the summer. We are staying with them. I will travel to Chicago in April to submit our Visa applications. Two questions:
1. What do I need to provide the consulate in order to process the visas?
2. Can the passports and visas be returned via mail to me? I live more than 6 hours from the city of Chicago.

Answers (1)
Answered by james | Feb. 16, 2013 20:37
Basic documents are your passport, application form, photo, and previous Chinese visa if any. An Invitation Letter from your friends are required, as well as inviter's ID (if Chinese)or legal residence permit or valid visa and work permit. The letter should include information that you will stay with them in their place. There are no mailing services provided by Chinese consulate in Chicago. If necesssary, you can request same day rush service.
Related Questions:
Can a business m visa application be sent and returned in the mail?
Asked by kaye from Australia
| Oct. 09, 2016 02:41
Can i submit 2 applications by post
Asked by kate from Australia
| Apr. 15, 2016 04:00
Consolate verification seal of State of Ill verified birth certificate
Asked by guest from USA
| Aug. 20, 2013 02:57
Can I drop off my China tourist Visa application at the Toronto Consulate a...
Asked by Mr.Wright from Canada
| Mar. 14, 2011 20:44
forgot to submit passport with visa application
Asked by Dale Yankelove from usa
| May. 16, 2016 20:35
Hello I saw on tracking that my order is on airport in Beijing still 6 dece...
Asked by Darko from Montenegro
| Jan. 05, 2014 03:39
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)