Asked by Kevin How from China | Jan. 13, 2013 00:17
About:China Embassy in Malaysia

Son Born in China Holding Malaysia Passport - Leaving for Malaysia & Returning to China

My son is born in China and had obtained a Malaysia passport via one of the General Consulate in China. His mother is a Chinese holding China passport and me being a Malaysian working in China.

We planned to go back to Malaysia for a short visit. Had obtained an Exit & Entry Permit for my son to leave China.

Now the question is how to bring him back to China after our short visit. Can I apply for a Single Entry China Tourist Visa for him to enter China and change to a Resident Visa at the local Entry / Exit Immigration Bureau where his mother "hukou" is located.

At the Inquiry Desk of China Entry / Exit Immigration Bureau said that my son's Malaysia passport Place of Birth is China, so the overseas China Embassy might not issue any visa for him and he has to use the Exit & Entry Permit to re-enter China which is only valid for one exit & entry.

We are confused and lost. Any guidance would be much appreciated as I am sure we are not the first family to encounter this issue.

Answers (1)
Answered by Emma | Jan. 13, 2013 02:14
As your son holds Malaysia Passport, he should apply for a proper visa to enter China. If you still have any doubt, please contact the China Embassy in Malaysia directly.
Related Questions:
Can I apply for one year multi-entry visa at HK International Airport? If s...
Asked by Chaw from Malaysia
| Mar. 23, 2015 20:20
As a tourist, can i apply for Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity? i'm holdi...
Asked by Chia from Malaysia
| May. 26, 2015 20:34
Iam married in Malaysia since 2003, holding Pakistan passport with work per...
Asked by Mr.abbassi Khuram from malaysia
| Dec. 15, 2008 03:34
I'm from malaysia, and a Singapore PR, holding malaysia passport, do i need...
Asked by Ms.liew from Singapore
| Nov. 16, 2010 22:13
Malaysian holding on Malaysia passport, should he/she apply visa for visiti...
Asked by chan kwek chin from Singapore
| Sep. 26, 2012 05:03
Does Indian passport holder need any visa or other doc to enter hong kong f...
Asked by kohilah from Malaysia
| Feb. 27, 2014 03:27
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)