Asked by Derek from South Korea (USA Citizen) | Jan. 04, 2013 10:29
About:China Embassy in South Korea

Chinese tourist visa in Hong Kong still possible~?

Hello~ ^^ I am from the USA, but I currently live in South Korea. I am aware that I cannot get a Chinese L-visa directly from South Korea. I was told that I have to return to the USA in order to get it. However, I would like to avoid going back to the USA because it would cost me about $2,000. Is it still possible to get one in Hong Kong~? Even with the new rules~? I don't have a lot of money and would like to go directly from South Korea to Hong Kong and then to mainland China (Shanghai). I would much appreciate any insight. 谢谢~

Answers (1)
Answered by Kenny | Jan. 05, 2013 02:35
So far as I know, it is possible to get in HK from the airport (there are travel agencies who handle visa application to mainland) or directly from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs office there. Anyway, you can try to contact the office before going.
Related Questions:
is it still possible to renew a tourist visa in hong Kong? if yes, how long...
Asked by Debra from USA
| Nov. 08, 2013 02:29
Getting visa at the border of Shenzhen
Asked by Janny Drayer from Australian
| May. 04, 2014 05:00
is it possible to obtain tourist chinese visa in hong kong this days?thank ...
Asked by Mr.james from philippines
| Aug. 22, 2010 02:42
We'll arrive in Hong Kong on June 8th 2010 and we'll stay there 2 days. Is ...
Asked by Mrs.Anna from Italy
| May. 13, 2010 04:26
We have New Zealand Passports and are resident in Australia.
Asked by Alan Murray from New Zealand
| Apr. 07, 2017 01:05
I am a Vietnamese, I am traveling from Singapore to Hong kong and transit t...
Asked by jason from Vietnam
| Apr. 06, 2016 02:09
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)