Asked by Monodescarado from England | Dec. 05, 2012 07:38
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

12 month multiple entry Z visa - Vs - 3 month Z and residency permit??

Hi. Quick question: my future employer has asked me to obtain a 12 month multiple entry Z visa before leaving England, whereas friends are telling me I only need a 3 month Z as I will be applying for the residency permit anyway within 30 days of arrival. The 12 month multiple entry is costly and im worried its not needed. Is the school wrong or are they simply avoiding costs their end?

Answers (1)
Answered by Alvin | Dec. 06, 2012 01:16
Hi, a single entry is enough. What your friend told you is right, Z visa holders have to apply for the residence permit within 30 days after entry. The fee is RMB 400 for a permit valid less than one year, and RMB 800 if valid for 1-3 years. This should be paid by your employer.
Related Questions:
What is the fee required for a 12 Month TOURIST VISA vs Single entry TRAN...
Asked by A, HAI` from USA
| Feb. 17, 2012 02:15
Does a S2 visa with 12 month multiple entry cost more than 3 month single e...
Asked by Jane from Uk
| Apr. 16, 2018 01:19
Getting a 12 month multiple entry visa in Hong Kong
Asked by Nabil Hudda from United Kingdom
| Aug. 27, 2015 03:17
Which kind of documetns do I need to apply for multiple entry 12 month visa...
Asked by Hauft from Austria
| Mar. 21, 2017 20:23
I want to travel in July for 3 days and then return later next year in May ...
Asked by Pat from United Kingdom
| Jun. 11, 2017 21:48
Work Visa for China.
Asked by tania from Canada
| Nov. 19, 2013 02:55
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)