Asked by Julie from USA | Nov. 04, 2012 09:00
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

How do I get a friend to the US to work for a year?

Hello, I have a friend in China who wants to come here (USA) to work for a year then go back and buy a home. How can I help make that happen? He is not (technically) related to me. I adopted a little girl from China and he is the son of the foster family who took care of her for 4 years before I got her. Could I say he is related to her? When technically he is not. I looked into a green card but I don't think that we qualify for any of those. Is there another way? Can I get him here on a tourist visa first then apply for something else while he is here? I really want to help this kid out. He is 18 yrs old. Thank you

Answers (1)
Answered by Hank | Nov. 04, 2012 21:15
He has to get an offer from a USA-based company/enterprise first, then the hiring company will submit a petition to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for permission. If the petition is approved, the company will be issued a form I-797 enabling you to apply for a visa.
Related Questions:
Moroccan citizen with passport would like to live with fiance from US worki...
Asked by Dani McCovey from USA
| Apr. 10, 2018 21:27
I am in Shanghai on a tourist visa and have an invitation from the Shanghai...
Asked by Henry from USA
| Feb. 23, 2016 21:02
how can i get two visas for me and my sister if my friend in china (us citi...
Asked by sophorn from Cambodia
| Mar. 01, 2016 03:02
Can I get a Chinese tourist visa with my Uk passport whilst im working in A...
Asked by Shaz from China
| May. 18, 2012 04:57
Born 20/05/84 and she is born 19/03/87
Asked by Edwin from Uk
| Apr. 24, 2017 22:09
Hi, myself and a friend are planning to go to china from korea over luna...
Asked by Mr.Neil Fraser from UK
| Jan. 13, 2010 00:56
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)