Asked by Michael Jefferson from USA | Sep. 20, 2012 16:35
About:China Consulate in Houston

Is it true that Chinese has to have a visa to go back now if she has Green Card for US?

My wife is Chinese and has a legal resident Green Card and is still a Chinese citizen. She has been travelling to china and back the last 4 years using her Chinese passport and Resident card as identification.

She was informed, by some friends that there is a new restrictions saying that she now has to have a visa to go to China and come back. Is this true?

Answers (1)
Answered by Ethan | Sep. 21, 2012 02:40
It is not ture, this is for former Chinese with foreign passport only. If you wife still hold Chinese passport, no visa is required now. But from July 1st, 2013, Chinese passport holders with foreign PR should submit application to the embassy or consulate if they want to settle in China.
Related Questions:
My wife is Chinese, has a Chinese passport, and a US Green Card, (10 year p...
Asked by Mr.glen urban from China
| Mar. 09, 2010 21:45
I'm american, my wife is chinese "Guilin" can I retire and move to China.
Asked by Steve from United States
| Jan. 11, 2015 21:36
Does she need a visa to enter China?
Asked by Ping Meok
| Mar. 18, 2015 21:23
U.S. Green Card
Asked by Nick Geurze from U.S.
| Aug. 25, 2015 20:42
Do I need a Invitation Letter
Asked by Michael Jefferson from United States
| Nov. 17, 2012 01:18
Hi my wife is a Chinese National. She has a green card with a changed name...
Asked by Mr.John from USA
| May. 26, 2010 03:05
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)