Asked by Brett from USA | Aug. 30, 2012 10:06
About:China Embassy in U.S.A.

independent travel without hotel reservations and which "entry" type is best

I am planning to travel independently throughout China for several months on a tourist visa. I will have a roundtrip ticket but am not sure how I would prove that I have hotel reservations since my plan is to find hotels as I travel. Also, I would like to get a visa that allows me to stay for as many months as possible, even if I have to leave the country (ie go to HongKong briefly) and then re-enter. Should I ask for a multiple entry visa and if so do I need a letter explaining why I want that type. How long would a double entry visa allow me to stay? I have visited China previously on a double entry student visa but this is my first time on tourist visa.

Answers (1)
Answered by Alvin | Aug. 31, 2012 02:36
It is impossible to provide hotel booking for the whole trip, but you'd better have hotel reservation for few nights in a city, probably the first one you will visit. You can request for a multiple entries in your application form and provide a exit flight ticket. It is ok even if you get a single or double entry, because it can be extended within China. Or be the worst, you can apply new China visa in HK.
Related Questions:
Most convenient travel for 3 persons from Pudong Airport to Hotel Riverview...
Asked by Shaila from India
| Aug. 22, 2017 01:04
Invite Letter for L Visa in Hong Kong
| Jun. 21, 2016 02:42
can I Travel to HK or Macau while holding Chinese Q1 visa
Asked by Ehsan from China
| Dec. 07, 2015 18:55
May i be for 3 days without visa in Peking?
Asked by Reza from Netherlands
| Oct. 10, 2017 03:00
One entry
Asked by Olha from Ukraine
| Sep. 27, 2017 21:08
What type is visa will be needed for my work in China as an independent con...
Asked by Mary from USA
| Aug. 10, 2014 03:25
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)