Asked by Ivan | Aug. 08, 2012 22:39
About:China Transit Visa

Mexican transit in shanghai

Hi there,

I am currently in Bangkok and will be flying to Vancouver, Canada via Shanghai. I have a 7 hour layover and was hoping to exit the airport for a few hours. I am a Mexican passport holder with a Canadian permanent residency status. My wife is Canadian and will have no problems but what do I need to do in order to leave the airport? Is it possible to get a one day visa? And how do I go about getting one in Thailand?

Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Nancy | Aug. 08, 2012 22:57
Yo umay apply for a 24-hour stay permit on your arrival at the airport in Shanghai. If you are temporary visitors in Thailand, I'm not sure whether you are able to get a China visa there. My advise is that you can have a try first in Thailand, although you can get a permit on your arrival at the airport. I usually like to prepare everything well before a travel in case any unexpected trouble.
Related Questions:
flying round from MEX - TIJ - PVG - ICN
Asked by Victor from Mexico
| Jan. 05, 2016 21:46
Do I need a transit visa for shanghai?
Asked by Fernando from Mexico
| Aug. 15, 2012 02:21
Do I need a 72 hour visa for stop in shanghai ? where If Do where do i get ...
Asked by magaly from montreal
| Jan. 27, 2017 10:43
Connecting in Shanghai
Asked by Carlos from USA
| Feb. 23, 2018 03:14
144 hrs visa for a mexican
Asked by Manuel Escobedo from Mexico
| Nov. 24, 2017 00:15
Vietnam to Shanghai - conference
Asked by ggmahn from Mexico
| Oct. 14, 2018 08:15
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)