Asked by Shirley from Canada | Jul. 26, 2012 07:31
About:Chinese Consulate in Toronto

Please advise what procedure to apply the HK SAR passport in Toronto?

Please note I am stilling holding the old HK ID card (3stars), not the smart ID card and having hong kong birth certificatae. How long does it take if I do it in Toronot. where is the address? Geroge Street downtown?
thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Alvin | Jul. 27, 2012 02:29
You are eligible to apply for a HKSAR Passport if you are a Chinese citizen, have the Right of Abode (ROA) in the HKSAR and are holding a valid Hong Kong permanent identity card (PIC). Because you have still the old HK ID card, you need to submit application for the smart ID card at the same time to Chinese consulate in Toronto. For more details, you can refer to The processing may take few weeks since your application will be sent to HK for approval. The consulate is located at 240, St. George Street.
Related Questions:
Please advise how do I pay the fee for application of HK SAR passport when ...
Asked by Angela from Canada
| Aug. 24, 2013 02:07
HKSAR Passport
Asked by R Lau from Canada
| Dec. 21, 2011 13:07
Where I can renew my HK SAR passport in Toronto? What imformation I need to...
Asked by Raymond Ho from Canada
| Sep. 28, 2014 20:10
Canadian Permanent Resident holds a HK SAR Passport wish to travel from Tor...
Asked by Joey
| Aug. 16, 2013 02:56
My husband was born in HongKong and has a valid HKID, can he apply HKSAR pa...
Asked by Vicky from Canada
| Jul. 12, 2011 23:19
I am hong kong citizen. Can I apply SAR of HK Passport in Melbourne Austral...
Asked by Rita from Australia
| Aug. 13, 2012 01:49
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)