Asked by Miha from Slovenia | Jun. 27, 2012 04:51
About:China Embassy in Slovenia

In january 2013 I am planing to visit australia with stop in China at Shanghai airport.

If I dont leave the airport do I need visa for China because I only wait 5 hours for connection flight to australia? On the way back I have to wait 16 hours at Shanghai airport and I am planing overnight stay in the Shanghai city? So probably I need visa to go to the city. Which type of Visa i must aplly Single or Double entry?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Miha, Slovenia

Answers (1)
Answered by Melissa | Jun. 27, 2012 21:56
You need no visa to stay 5 hours in Shanghai airport. Since you want to leave the airport during the 16 hours in Shanghai, you only need to apply a stay permit at the airport frontier, still no need of transit visa.
Related Questions:
Do I need a visa if I will leave the airport when transit in Shanghai for 1...
Asked by Jenny from Australia
| Jun. 07, 2012 03:36
Transit through Shanghai
Asked by Les from England
| Oct. 24, 2012 02:39
staying in a hotel for the niight, and leaving on 17 January 2013 for a hol...
Asked by sally taylor from Australia
| Nov. 28, 2012 03:11
can anyone recomment me a 3 star Hotel near the Bund and Najing Road in Sha...
Asked by Goh Kok Yoke from Malaysia
| Dec. 13, 2012 20:21
Two visas??
Asked by Leah from Sweden
| Nov. 20, 2013 01:13
Do I need a Chinese Visa for a stopover about 20 hours?
Asked by Fred Harris from Canada
| Oct. 05, 2012 22:45
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)