Asked by Malien from Australia | Jun. 23, 2012 22:45
About:Chinese Embassy in Australia

Maximum length of stay for any kind of Chinese visa

What is the maximum uninterrupted length of stay I can get as an Australian citizen going to China? Which visa type offers the longest stay? I would like to stay in China for at least one year and will probably be studying Chinese for most of that time and traveling for some of the time. Can I get a student visa (X) for one year? Or would it be better to try and get a work visa (Z) or business visa (F)? Or will I just have to get a multiple entry visa and leave and return every 60 days?

Answers (1)
Answered by Frank | Jun. 24, 2012 03:23
Yes, you can apply for a China X student visa for your travel purpose - learn Chinese during the week and visit the attractions at weekend. However, you have to apply for an admission letter from a capable Chinese school who can provide you Foreign Student Visa Application Form (JW201 or JW202) for yoru visa application.
Related Questions:
Maximum Length of Stay with Tourist Visa
Asked by Joseph from Israel
| Feb. 18, 2014 02:16
Hi, I am from Australia and I'm planning to work in China in my friends com...
Asked by Theresa from Australia
| Oct. 21, 2015 02:34
Duration between each entries.
Asked by Jack from United Kingdom
| Feb. 14, 2017 20:05
Length of tourist visa
Asked by Anne Webber from UK
| Jan. 04, 2016 03:48
Maximum length of stay on L-visa
Asked by J from Australia
| Dec. 11, 2012 03:53
I am thinking about moving to China to live with my partner for a period of...
Asked by Brian from Australia
| Jul. 11, 2012 01:41
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)