Asked by Craig from USA | May. 15, 2012 08:42
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

Change of Employment and Residence Permit

First of all thank you for the very detailed and informative article. I have not found anything else as helpful on the web. I am currently in China teaching English at a University. My whole family is here. We have residence permits that expire in November of 2012. This fall my wife will be going to work for a company in another city. It is nearby, but not the same prefecture. From now on her employer will provide our visa (residence permits). They say we will need to get a temporary residence permit in that city. We are headed back to the states in July and will be returning in September. We are a little bit confused about the process. Should we begin the process now before we leave in six weeks, or will being outside of China be a problem? You mention that if we are changing employers the process doesn't have to be started over from the beginning. How can we find out more information about how to pursue that?

Answers (1)
Answered by Alvin | May. 16, 2012 01:48
You can go back to the states first with residence permit. It will not be a problem. The processing can be done after entry to China again in September. The temporary residence permit is required, and it is easy to get from hotel or from local police station. Then, your wife's employer can start to apply for a new residence permit for her.
Related Questions:
I need to change visa X to work permit
Asked by Zaib ALIZAIB from Pakistan
| Nov. 28, 2017 19:32
M visa to Q1 visa
Asked by Puneeth from India
| Jun. 11, 2018 03:26
What is the procedure to get the employment permit if I change the employer...
Asked by Mr.thomas
| Feb. 27, 2011 03:12
American changing Z to Tourist L in Harbin
Asked by Paula from USA
| May. 27, 2018 21:48
Do I need to go out of china and come back to apply for it?
Asked by mike from Togo
| Apr. 25, 2015 01:24
Can we change residence permit / alien permit from one city to another city...
Asked by Mr.Hemant Christian from China
| Sep. 14, 2009 03:02
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)