Asked by Ms.MACROPLAZA | Apr. 20, 2012 17:30
About:China Embassy in Mexico

Notarizing a Mexican marriage certificate

I need to get my Mexican marriage certificate notarized so I can use it in China. I got married in Texcoco, Estado de Mexico. I have a couple of questions: 1) Would I need to go into the Chinese consulate in Mexico City to get it notarized or could I go into the one in Tijuana? 2) Would I need to get my marriage certificate translated into Chinese or could I get it notarized without having it translated?

Answers (2)
Answered by Bruce | Apr. 21, 2012 03:02
1. You need to go to Chinese embassy in Mexico City to get marriage certificate authenticated rather than notarized, Estado de Mexico is under the consular districts of China embassy in Mexico.

2. You need to get your marriage certificate translated into Chinese, then get it authenticated.
Answered by elias from UAE | Mar. 04, 2020 04:43
In general, Translation should be performed by a legal translator or legal translation services provider approved by the competent authority in the related country.
Related Questions:
Translating marriage certificate into Chinese
| Apr. 24, 2012 04:16
Is there any authority in law or otherwise in China to prove the validity o...
Asked by Patrick
| Jun. 02, 2011 22:11
If one of the spouse past away after the traditional chinese marriage and t...
Asked by patrick
| Jun. 04, 2011 21:30
If two foreigners get married in one of the spouse's embassies located in C...
Asked by Gabriela from Ecuador
| Oct. 21, 2015 02:03
Do both photos and names appear on marriage certificate?
Asked by Samantha from Ireland
| Nov. 06, 2016 20:46
Do i need to let your office translate into mandarin the birth certificate ...
Asked by Emma Tan from Philippines
| Jun. 11, 2013 02:33
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)