Asked by Phoebe Chan from HKSAR/ PRC | Apr. 17, 2012 12:33
About:China Embassy in Costa Rica

Possible to Apply for a HKSAR/PRC Passport

My sister was borned in Hong Kong in 1957. She holds a valid birth certificate, a Hong Kong I/D card and an expired British National (Overseas) passport. She's not a permanent residence of Costa Rica. Now, she wants to come back to Hong Kong in this Autumn. Can she apply for a passport of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China? With this passport, she will apply for visas of relevant countries, e.g. the United States to facilitate her transit to Hong Kong.

If not, what advice would you give to facilitate my sister's return to Hong Kong? Many thanks.

Answers (1)
Answered by Melissa | Apr. 17, 2012 23:05
1.Your sister is eligible to apply for a HKSAR Passport.
2.To remind you,when applying, bring the birth certificate,HK I/D and the expired British National passport.
3.Provided that your sister get the HKSAR Passport, she can go to HK,stay in HK, and leave HK freely.
Related Questions:
germany passport apply X2 visa in korea. is that possible????
Asked by hisi from Netherlands
| Dec. 19, 2016 21:55
VOA for Indian Passport Holder
Asked by Imran Admani from India
| May. 20, 2014 03:05
if i come to hongkong then my passport wth me its possible to apply visa to...
Asked by Jelian from Philippines
| Aug. 10, 2014 04:38
US Citizen to apply VOA at Shenzhen airport
Asked by Malcolm from Singapore
| Jan. 27, 2015 03:03
British passport .Resident in France.Is it possible to apply for visa at Ch...
Asked by andrews from france
| Mar. 14, 2015 02:57
Irish passport
Asked by Teresa seager from United Kingdom
| Feb. 03, 2017 00:26
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)