Asked by Willy J from Philippines | Apr. 11, 2012 23:07
About:FAQ of Chinese Visa Application

Chinese tourist visa in Hong Kong-No HK ID, just a tourist

Thank you Iris...

Can I obtained a CHinese tourist visa (L) in Hong Kong? As mentioned, I am holding a Philippine passport.-see post 1 on April 9 03:47 PM. I do not have HK ID, just purely tourist from California.

Willy J

Answers (4)
Answered by Iris | Apr. 13, 2012 22:03
Yes, sure. If you do not have HK ID, you can show them your US visa or residence permit/card of California instead. Still submit your application for China tourist visa to the commisioner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of PRC in HK SAR.
Answered by Willy J from Philippines | Apr. 15, 2012 03:25
Extension of Tourist visa in Main China
Thank you so much Alvin and Iris...Follow up question.Assuming that I was granted of 14 days tourist visa (L) back to mainland China, Can I still avail another 14 days of extension of stay. Meaning, total of 28 days. This 14 days extension will be my last before going to California, USA. I am trying to maximize my stay because I do not know when I can come back again to China. Thank you again. Willy J
Answered by Willy J from Philippnes | Apr. 15, 2012 03:26
Transit visa length
Hi Alvin,How long is the allowed stay for Transit Visa in China? see answered post below (your answer):Willy JApr. 13,2012 02:56Answered by Alvin 1 0You need to apply for a transit visa in advance in this situation.
Answered by Wilson | Apr. 15, 2012 03:36
If you can provide necessary need of a 28-stay in China, I think that you will be granted a 28-day or 30-day duration on your China visa applied in HK. You can just buy a return ticketto California, USA first to indicate your leaving time from China. Thus, you don't have to apply for any extension any more.

The duration of a China transit visa is usually 7 days only. I advise you apply for a China tourist visa instead.
Related Questions:
What are the requirements for a Chinese national to visit HK as a tourist?
Asked by Steve from United States
| Aug. 13, 2011 21:03
Can I submit my SSS contributions and not my ID?
Asked by cookie from philippines
| Jan. 04, 2012 01:42
can I get a visa to go beijing for 5.days or 6 days?
Asked by shara ghani from hongkong
| Feb. 04, 2016 01:36
What is local ID/citizenship number on L tourist visa form?
Asked by Steve from United Kingdom
| Feb. 19, 2014 03:14
Can Kazakhstan passport holders apply for Chinese tourist visa in HK?
| Mar. 29, 2014 04:23
can i go to hk with just tourist visa without passport?
Asked by zel from Philippines
| Dec. 03, 2015 20:50
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)