Asked by Eric from USA | Apr. 04, 2012 20:38
About:China Tourist Visa

Exit or transit visa requirement

I am a US citizen on a research vessel scheduled to arrive in Shanghai on April 10th. I do not have a Chinese visa yet, and my intention is upon the vessel's arrival to go straight to the airport and fly back to the US. Do I need a transit or exit visa to do this, and if so, is it possible to get this either before arrival (electronically) or upon arrival? The vessel with be remaining in China for several months, so I don't really have much of an option to depart on the vessel later.

Answers (1)
Answered by Gail | Apr. 06, 2012 22:03
You do have to apply for a China transit visa before arrival.

If you are on an international flight with a stop at Shanghai hongqiao or pudong airport for less than 48 hours, you are fee of any visa. However, you are on a ship, then the thing is different.
Related Questions:
what are the requirement on the visa form?
Asked by sammy from ghana
| Sep. 02, 2012 21:49
Hi im from philipines.i want to go to hongkong disneyland with my japanese ...
Asked by Venus from Philippines
| Sep. 15, 2015 04:08
HI, my wife is Chinese , i have plan to visit china with her, how can i get...
Asked by khan from United Kingdom
| Sep. 06, 2016 20:48
VISA APPLICATION ENQUIRY. Please how do i get a china travel visa IN GHANA....
Asked by Naana from Ghana
| Sep. 27, 2018 00:49
I am swedish citizen planing for Chinese visa as a tourist
Asked by Omair from sweden
| Dec. 08, 2011 00:53
I am a Nigerian resident in Greece.
Asked by kelvin from Nigeria
| Oct. 10, 2014 02:24
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)