Asked by georgina from Philippines | Mar. 22, 2012 07:22
About:China Embassy in Philippines

my child's father is Chinese citizen he wanted our baby to become Chinese citizen

my child's father is Chinese citizen he wanted our baby to become Chinese citizen the problem is i gave birth here in Philippines i am filipina.. is it possible for our child to get Chinese citizen as well as Chinese passport?his father wants him to stay in china for good.

Answers (1)
Answered by Bruce | Mar. 22, 2012 22:50
Did you get married? Without the marriage certificate, it is an illegitimate child, you will face problem to obtain a Chinese nationality for him.

China government doesn't recognize dual nationality, if you want him to become Chinese citizen, you have to abandon the Philippines nationality for the child. The birth certificate, the passport of the you and the child's father are required for him to apply a Chinese passport at China embassy/consulate in Philippines.
Related Questions:
Requirements for L visa for twomonth old baby
Asked by Princess Honorio from Philippines
| Feb. 27, 2012 22:15
Australian citizen baby arriving in China
Asked by Jo from Australia
| Mar. 31, 2016 20:16
i'd like to ask about the requirements for tourist visa
Asked by Lisa from Philippines
| Oct. 13, 2011 22:54
My father is a chinese citizen, does that mean that i am also a chinese cit...
Asked by Stephen from Philippines
| Jan. 02, 2016 20:49
my father is still alive... he is chinese and he is also having a immigr...
Ms.PHIACHENG from Philippines
| Jul. 15, 2010 03:32
Visa for parent to attend wedding in China
Asked by Samuel from Canada
| Apr. 25, 2014 03:00
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)