Asked by Mike Koch from Canada | Mar. 19, 2012 12:47
About:China Consulate in Calgary

New HC ID Card

I am a friend of a Canadian resident living in Marsden, Saskatchewan...she has an old Hong Kong Permanent ID Card...would like to upgrade to the new card.
1. Is there a deadline to complete this process, she mentioned March 23, 2012?
2. Can I do this for her on her behalf, as I live in Calgary...or will she need to come to Calgary in person?
3. What is the application process? Any forms, etc she needs to complete? If so, how do I get these forms for her?
4. What is the fee for this new card?
5. Anything else I require to apply for the new HC ID card?

Thanks in advance,
Mike K.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mary | Mar. 20, 2012 20:13
1. I haven't heard there is a deadline for applying a new HK Smart ID card. If she apply for the new HK ID card for the K$6000 Scheme, I advise she make the application as soon as possible, for the registration for the Scheme through banks or the Hongkong Post should be done from 28 August 2011 to 31 December 2012.
2. I think you can do this on her behalf.
3. For the application, she has to submit the following:
a. ful-filled application form ROP122 which can be downloaded from the official website of the HK government.
b two recent-taken phopto of 29 mm (width) x 35 mm (height) in size and showing full face with no hat
c. copy of your current Hong Kong ID card
d. A written and signed request containing the reason for your application, your name and Hong Kong identity card number. The request should be affixed with a photograph (not larger than 60x50 mm or smaller than 50x40 mm) and your left thumbprint.
e. The attached copy of your identity card or travel document, your photograph and thumbprint must be properly authenticated by a Notary Public of the country where you reside and clear enough for verification
4. The fee is HK$385. Payment should be made by a crossed cheque payable to ‘The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region’.
Related Questions:
can i new my old hk permanet id card to new hk smart card at vancouver chin...
Asked by v tham from vanada
| Mar. 21, 2012 21:08
I have a 3 star Hong Kong ID card .Can I apply to change to the new HKID ca...
Asked by Geoffrey from Canada
| Aug. 24, 2011 04:32
I hold an old HK ID card an have not gone back to HK for around 9 years. I...
Asked by Mrs.Lum from Australia
| Jul. 09, 2010 02:47
I am a HK ID card holder but my card is not the new IC chip one. HOw do I u...
Asked by Jaey from Australia
| May. 03, 2012 01:56
To update my Hong Kong ID card (Asked by Elaine)
Asked by Elaine from Canada
| Nov. 15, 2011 21:50
I born in Hongkong and lost my old ID card, can i apply a new one at the NY...
Asked by Simon Wai Sze Ming from United States
| Aug. 18, 2011 20:32
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)