Asked by Alex from China | Mar. 17, 2012 00:41
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

How do I go from temporary residence permit to temporary working residence permit?

I am currently on a temporary residence permit (just for living). I have work lined up with a company that can provide working visas. I want to apply for a temporary working residence permit next year. How do I go about it?? Do I have to go to Hong Kong and re-enter china with the working visa ten apply for a temporary working residence permit? or can I stay in china and change it? Also when can I do it? Can I do it 3 months before my current temporary residence permit expires?
Thank you for your help =)

Answers (1)
Answered by Wendy | Mar. 17, 2012 03:03
You have to go to Hong Kong and re-enter Mainland China with the work visa, then apply for a temporary working residence permit at local Exit-Entry Administrative Department of Public Security Bureau.
Related Questions:
Temporary residence permit going to expire
Asked by Kristian from China
| Mar. 10, 2015 20:36
Hi, my visa is X2 student, I'll stay in Beijing for 4 months,
Asked by Yohanes from Indonesia
| Aug. 11, 2016 22:46
Spousal Visa. I got married to a Chinese citizen and would like to obtain a...
Asked by Matt from USA
| Sep. 12, 2018 20:37
if i got visa x How could i make a Temporary Residence Permit or Residence ...
Asked by Esalm Hany Bassiouny from Egypt
| Feb. 27, 2017 20:13
Do I need to exit mainland China to process the student visa?
Asked by Aaron from Canada
| May. 14, 2015 22:42
I m going to 3 week holiday in coming February and want to spend 1week in H...
Asked by Rajesh from Australia
| Dec. 28, 2016 02:32
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)