Asked by Tikay | Mar. 04, 2012 04:33
About:China Embassy in Qatar

Marrying my Chinese Girlfriend

Hi, i'm Lebanese who lives in Doha and I want to get married to my Chinese Girlfriend who lives in China at the moment. We are getting married in Cyprus (Civil Marriage) If I register the marriage in the Lebanese and Qatari embassies do we have to also register it in the Chinese embassy too?

Will my girlfriends' Chinese identity card be changed from Single to Married? Because we do not wish for that to happen.

the reason i'm asking is because we would like our marriage to be discrete. And we do not wish to have any of her friends and relatives in China know that she got married just yet. It's a personal issue.

Please advise!

Answers (1)
Answered by Emma | Mar. 05, 2012 00:33
No, you may just register your marriage in one place, either in Qatar or in China. As far as I know, there is no marriage status stated on the Chinese Identity Card, so please don't worry about that.
Related Questions:
Is there anyway we get married without the family book?
Asked by myprop from Singapore
| May. 06, 2015 00:47
My son (US CITIZEN) marrying Chinese girlfriend
Asked by Jeannie from United States
| Mar. 19, 2016 03:51
wondering if marrying my male rabbit is advisable, I am female tiger
Asked by aqua from USAla
| Jul. 18, 2015 04:01
I was born 25/01/1961 and my fiance born 30/07/1958, marrying Aug 2016, whi...
Asked by Dina from Zimbabwe
| Jan. 20, 2016 03:36
How do you get a wedding in Canada between a Canadian and Chinese national...
Asked by Sandra Patrick from Canada
| May. 08, 2015 21:39
Hi I'm female tiger born capricorn? How's my life or future be like?
Asked by Jeanie from Canada
| Jul. 03, 2014 02:14
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)