Asked by Wei Xu from USA | Feb. 23, 2012 15:18
About:Chinese Embassy in U.S.A.

Can I (previous nationality is Chinese) apply for Chinese Visa to go to China as a tourist?

I am US citizen now, but before my nationality is Chinese, but I lost my old Chinses passport which already expired several years ago. So can I apply for Chinese Visa to go to China as a tourist?

Answers (1)
Answered by Tyler from USA | Feb. 27, 2012 19:35
First time applicants whose former nationality was Chinese, shall write down his Chinese name in the application form and submit his original Chinese passport or the photocopy of the information page of the passport. Applicant who was formerly Chinese and has acquired a new US passport, if there is a Chinese visa in the old passport, shall submit his old US passport or the photocopy of the Chinese visa.

Are you the first time applicant for China visa after you obtain the US passport? The original Chinese passport has been lost, do you have the photocopy of Chinese passport or other document to prove your previous Chinese nationality?
Related Questions:
Can I apply the on arrival visa when i arrive to Macau? My nationality is M...
Asked by Soe from Myanmar
| Jul. 30, 2012 21:57
Query about using Macau airport
Asked by Hossain from Korea
| May. 19, 2016 20:49
Hi! Can a chinese nationality apply visa after entering philippines or visa...
Asked by Mark from Philippines
| Jul. 15, 2012 02:56
Chinese visa requirements for 2nd time
Asked by Dorothy from Philippines
| Jun. 26, 2017 03:55
Is there a need for NBI,SSS, bank statement for an 18 yr old student who ha...
Asked by Marivic from Philippines
| Sep. 23, 2011 03:48
Can a Moroccan citizen apply for Chinese nationality if he decide to leave ...
Asked by Mostapha from Morocco
| Oct. 19, 2016 21:39
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)