Asked by Karen from Canada | Feb. 14, 2012 19:07
About:China Embassy in Laos

I am a Canadian living in Laos for 5 months. I want to visit China on my way home. Can I get a visa?

I came to Laos with a one way ticket. I don't want to purchase my return ticket until I know if I can go home through China. What do I need to do to get a visa to visit China for a week or two on my way home to Canada?

Answers (1)
Answered by Nancy | Feb. 15, 2012 20:43
Now, for China visa application in a third country, the visa rule changes from country to country, maybe your China tourist visa application will be refused by China embassy in Vientiane because you don't work or reside in Laos, you are just a temporary visitor to Laos, An applicant holding a passport other than Laotian passport should provide the original and a copy of his or her permanent residence or work permit which should be valid for at least 6 months and a copy of the passport first page, you'd better call the embassy in Vientiane to check it.
Related Questions:
Passport Expires in less than 6 months, what can I do?
Asked by Raff
| Sep. 15, 2013 04:01
Can I apply for a visa using both my new and old passports?
Asked by Torie from Canada
| May. 04, 2012 01:17
I am a Canadian living in Seoul. My ARC expires in 4 months.
Asked by Olivia from Canada
| Nov. 14, 2017 20:28
Do I need copies of my return air ticket?
Asked by Milena Collot from Canada
| Nov. 26, 2014 21:26
Foreigners in China wants to go to Hungary
Asked by Ann Faulkner from China
| Dec. 15, 2015 01:58
Hi My name is Sunday,I am in Chongqing, China to visit my fiancee, and I wa...
Asked by Mr.Sunday from Nigeria
| May. 31, 2009 01:47
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)