Asked by Ash | Jan. 30, 2012 11:34
About:China Embassy in Egypt

American student with residence visa in Egypt planning to visit Beijing


I am currently a student at the American University in Cairo living with a residence visa. This upcoming April I am planning a one-week trip to Beijing to visit friends. However, I have to resubmit my passport to the university to update my residence visa in the next few days. I am not sure when I will get back my passport from them in order to send it to you so I can start the visa application process.

How long does it normally take to process the application once you receive a complete form + passport?

Thank you!

Answers (1)
Answered by Sam | Feb. 01, 2012 02:18
It normally takes one week to process the aplication once the China embassy in Cario receive all requirements for tourist visa (L visa) application. However, Chinese Embassy has designated a list of travel agencies to submit visa applications to and pick up passports from this Embassy. The following is the information of these travel agencies in the calendar year 2011. Applicants for “L” and “F” visa could choose any of the designated agencies as your agent, please refer to to find the list of designated travel agencies.
Related Questions:
Indonesian Passport in Egypt
Asked by Muhammad Azmi from Egypt
| May. 11, 2016 03:02
how to get the China visa
Asked by Mohamed Abed from Egypt
| Jul. 04, 2016 22:47
should I use American Passport or Egyptian Passport to enter China?
Asked by mesh1002001 from Egypt
| Mar. 24, 2012 01:41
Visit visa to Cairo
Asked by Dr Ahmed from Somalia
| Jun. 03, 2016 01:30
Dir Sir, I'm planning to visit Hong Kong... and I found online that I do...
Asked by Mr.Hani from UAE
| May. 10, 2010 02:57
Residence Permit as Spouse for 6month University course
Asked by Poonam from IND
| Jun. 25, 2018 20:30
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)