Asked by Laura from Germany | Jan. 17, 2012 06:11
About:China Visa Fees

Can I get a visa for China in Kyrgyzstan when overlanding.

My partner and I are riding our motorbikes from Germany (where we live) to Australia. We would like to cross into China from Kyrgyzstan, and cross the country all the way to Hong Kong. We would then need to re-enter China to transit to Vietnam.

Questions are many...but first of all.
What kind of Visa should we apply for? Can we do it all in Kyrgyzstan as we will take approx 7-8 months to get there from Germany? How much will visas cost?

Can we ride through China without paying for a local guide, which we can't afford? We obviously would also need permission to enter our two motorbikes, is that a problem?

Thank you in advance for all your help. =)

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.JOHNNASH from United States | Jan. 18, 2012 01:26
According to your travel itinerary: germany - Kyrgyzstan- Mainland China - Hong Kong - Mainland China - Vietnam, you need a double-entry China tourist visa. You can try to apply for the visa in Kyrgyzstan, it costs about US$ 45 per person, I don't know the amoun in the currency of Kyrgyzstan.

You travel in China by motorbike, you have to obtain an original copy of "Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Unit" or "Confirmation Letter of Invitation" issued by China National Tourism Administration or the tourism administration of related province, autonomous region or municipality directly under the Central Government in person, I'm afraid that you have to contact China Travel Service or China International Travel Service or China Youth Travel Service to get it for you.
Related Questions:
Hello! How can i get f visa??
Asked by Mr.Nurs from Kyrgyzstan
| Aug. 27, 2010 21:16
visa to Hong Kong from China
Asked by Meerim from Kyrgyzstan
| Jul. 26, 2012 04:13
Hello! Im a south african, can I get a visit visa for china in bishkek? ...
Asked by Mr.Rustum from South Africa
| Jul. 18, 2009 21:29
Hi, I am a Canadian citizen traveling to Kyrgyzstan in August. Can I obtai...
Asked by Ms.Kristen P from Canada
| May. 18, 2009 20:53
NI HAO! I have a business in China every time I need visa . Can I get visa...
Asked by Mr.Da Hai from Kyrgyzstan
| Jul. 17, 2009 21:40
I have to go to Hong Kong to get a new chinese visa.
Asked by Meerim from Kyrgyzstan
| Jul. 29, 2012 02:21
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)