Asked by Ye Tian | Jan. 08, 2012 19:54
About:China Embassy in New Zealand

To certify the "Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage" for a NZ Chinese

I called the embassy but had no answer. I live in Christchurch and hoped the Consulate-General in Christchurch for a help but no response.

I am a NZ Chinese and have had the "Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage" issued and authenticate by NZ Internal Affairs. I was told that this document need to be certified by China Embassy. Pls, asap, inform me the relevant process such as application form (if any), mailing address (preferable), office/person for attention, how to pay the fee, etc., so that I can complete this document.

Thanks for your help.

Ye Tian

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.JOHNNASH from United States | Jan. 11, 2012 20:34

Step 1: Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage should be notarized by a local Notary Public.

Step 2: The notarized document should be then authenticated by the New Zealand Department of Internal Affairs.

Step 3: The document should be then authenticated by the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade of New Zealand.

Step 4: The Chinese Embassy authenticates the signature of the authentication officer and the seal of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade of New Zealand.

You need to fill in an application form for authentication either at the Embassy or download it from website The copy of the identify page of your valid passport is required.

The fees are NZ$ 40, Documents can generally be collected on the sixth working day.

To apply document authentication by mail, applicant(s) should enclose authentication fee, a self-addressed pre-paid return courier bag or envelope, NZ$15 for mail handling service fee, a completed application form, and the copy of identify page of the passport.

Postal Address
Embassy of the People's Republic of China in New Zealand
Consular Office

2-6 Glenmore Street


Related Questions:
what do i need to certify a marriage certificate at the cameroon embassy in...
Asked by ellen from China
| Jan. 05, 2015 02:51
ia a , Certificate of No Impediment To Marriage applied for at foreign affa...
Asked by Mr.morrison from australia
| Jul. 09, 2009 04:17
I am to travel to china / chengdu to marry my fiancee , DO I NEED A Cert...
Asked by Mr.Morrison from Australia
| Jul. 09, 2009 04:15
If I don't use my certificate of no impediment, can I get married again?
Asked by G .A.Davies from England
| Apr. 30, 2015 03:41
Mr Morrison again , was asking about certificate of no impediment to marria...
Asked by Mr.Morrison from Australia
| Jun. 24, 2009 01:23
certificate of non-impediment
Asked by YandW
| May. 02, 2013 03:01
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)