Asked by Sunny from USA | Dec. 29, 2011 19:55
About:Requirements for Permanent Residence Permit

Is it possible to return permanently to China if I give up my foreign citizenship?

Originally I am from China. I married in the U.S. and eventually became a U.S. citizen. Many years later I divorced. I am hoping to find a way to return to China permanently to care for my parents. They do not want to leave China. I understand (now) that I cannot have dual citizenship. However, is it possible to to become a citizen of China, or at least optain permanent residency if I give up my U.S. citizenship? I realize I could try for temporary visa's endlessly, but it scares me that some year I may not get one and not be able to be there for my family.

Answers (1)
Answered by Tyler from USA | Dec. 30, 2011 01:13
It is possible for you to get a new Chinese passport if you give up your U.S. citizenship, but the procedure is complex, you'd better find a laywer to enquire the whole procedure. You can also go to China embassy or consulate in U.S.A in person to enquire it.
Related Questions:
I would like to give up my citizenship in the usa and come over to china an...
Asked by Mr.ben from united states
| Dec. 26, 2008 03:57
I would like to give up my Canadian citizenship and get back my Chinese cit...
Asked by Mr.Wang from Canada
| Apr. 30, 2010 04:45
American citizen becoming Chinese
Asked by Becca from USA
| Feb. 14, 2016 20:32
Hi I was born in China and recently obtained British Citizenship. Like many...
Asked by Mrs.Laura from United Kingdom
| Oct. 25, 2010 02:23
i am an ESL Teacher in mainland China and would like to get my wife and two...
Asked by Mr.nolan ybanezq from Philippines
| Oct. 03, 2010 22:14
china travel document. How to go about that?
Asked by Jada from Malaysia
| Apr. 08, 2018 20:39
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)