Asked by Simon from Australia | Dec. 13, 2011 19:53
About:China Visa Entries / Validity / Duration of Stay

If I enter PRC from Australia on double-entry tourist visa can I apply for extension after 30 days?

I plan to enter China (beijing) on a double-entry tourist visa. After about 10 days I plan to go to Hong Kong for a week and then return to Beijing. I will then want to extend my tourist visa for another 30 days but I have been told that it is not possible to extend a double-entry tourist visa. Two questions:
1) Is a tourist visa applicable for only 30 days?
2) Can I extend my tourist visa if I originally entered on a double-entry tourist visa?

Thank you

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.ELLIOTT from China | Dec. 14, 2011 02:59
You can extend your tourist visa for another 30 days. It is not true that it is impossible to extend a double-entry tourist visa. Please go to Exit-Entry Administrative Department of Beijing Public Security Bureau to apply for extension when you stay in Beijing for 25 days on your second entry. it takes one week for processing. The visa obtained in the exit-entry administrative department becomes valid from the date of issuance. Your previouse double-entry visa expires automatically.
Related Questions:
My extension tourist visa already approved for 26 days, can i apply for an0...
Asked by Hershey from china
| Aug. 12, 2012 04:11
Can I apply for tourist visa in Australia?
Asked by Renuka from Malaysia
| Nov. 11, 2016 01:12
I am from Bangalore. Where can I apply for tourist visa to PRC ?
Asked by SP Sharma from India
| Sep. 25, 2016 00:40
i am a filipino now in beijing on a tourist visa, how can i apply for a vis...
Asked by alison tejano from United States
| May. 20, 2011 01:15
Extension for Tourist Visa
Asked by Esther from Malaysia
| Jul. 06, 2017 21:58
Can i apply for an extension to a 30 day M business visa to a 90 day whils...
Asked by Jimmy from UK
| Oct. 28, 2013 02:37
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)