Asked by Kate from USA | Nov. 24, 2011 12:03
About:Macau Visa Policy

chinese passport holder with only hk entrance visa

I've obtained a one-year multi-entry permit to HK from Chinese embassy in the U.S (although I had applied one to enter both places). I will be entering Macau from HK for a couple days Jan 2012, and then return to HK afterwards. The visa issuer from the Chinese embassy told me I could enter both places with the HK permit while others have said I need a separate permit for Macau.

Should I apply for a Macau permit? I have a working status in the US, however, won't be able to obtain a visa before my visit to Macau.

Thanks much!

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.JOHNNASH from United States | Nov. 25, 2011 01:20
According to the rule, Chinese passport holders with the valid residence permit or valid visa of the third country are exempt from a visa to Macau for up to 7 days. I think you hold a valid work permit to live in USA, so you don't need to apply for a Macau permit. You can visit Hong Kong with the HK permit.
Related Questions:
Can a Canadian passport holder visit Macau with a HK visa only? Need a Chin...
Asked by LC from HK
| Aug. 12, 2014 02:42
I’m Afghanistan passport holder..l want to come in HK, how to apply HK visa...
Asked by Sunny Sky from hongkong
| Apr. 08, 2016 02:10
Can a Chinese passport and Australian PR holder transit through HK to Shen...
Asked by Nev Hartmann from Australia
| Apr. 10, 2013 04:50
I am a US passport holder living in HK with HKID, how much is the visa fee ...
Asked by Mivah
| Jul. 22, 2012 02:09
Does Chinese Passport holders need visa to enter HK?
Asked by Alfred from Philippines
| Nov. 25, 2013 01:50
HK I'd card holder need Macau visa ?im holding Pakistani passport
Asked by Ahmed
| Aug. 22, 2013 21:42
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)