Asked by Amy from United Kingdom | Nov. 14, 2011 11:10
About:China Embassy in U.K.

Applying china visa for my children

I have a Hong Kong identity card and also an identity (pink) card to visit China freely.
However, my children both have UK passports. We would like to visit relatives in Shenzen in time for the Chinese New Year (23 Jan 2012).

Can we apply for their visas in Hong Kong? Where and what documents do we need plus how long would they take?

Most importantly, we arrive in HK from UK just 2 days before the chinese new year. Will they be opened during that time?

Answers (1)
Answered by James from U.K. | Nov. 15, 2011 01:49
Yes, you can apply for their visas in Hong Kong. Please go to Commissioner's Office of Foreign Affairs Ministry of PRC in Hong Kong to apply for it, Address: 7th Floor, Lower Block, China Resources Building, No.26, Harbor Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong SAR

For regular service, it takes 4 working days including submission day. For express service and rush service, it takes 3 working days or 2 working days.

The office will be closed from 22nd Jan to 24th Jan 2012 for Chinese spring festival, the time is very processing, you'd better obtain a China visa in UK for your children.
Related Questions:
Apply vissa for minors with US passport.
Asked by BDAO from us
| Mar. 05, 2014 02:08
Me and my husband are HK citizens but my children are US citizens. We are n...
Asked by Ms.Mom from Switzerland
| Jan. 28, 2011 02:34
Do dependent children need to appear in person?
Asked by Alex from USA
| Jul. 18, 2018 21:00
Do we need to complete 1 for for each family member applying for a visa (ev...
Asked by AJ from USA
| Jun. 13, 2018 21:23
NZ children wanting to visit parent in China
Asked by Kelly McCann from China
| Mar. 11, 2016 21:05
Family visa charges
Asked by Tracy from Australia
| Jul. 16, 2012 04:06
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)