Asked by Peter Treff from USA | Oct. 20, 2011 03:09
About:China Embassy in Switzerland

Can US citizen visiting Switzerland obtain Chinese Visa for Business purposes w/ invitation

I am US citizen visiting Switzerland and have been asked to a business meeting in China. It would be better if I did not have to return to the US to obtain the Visa. Can the Visa be issued here in Switzerland where I have been staying with my Fiance? If so what procedure should I follow?

Answers (1)
Answered by Tyler from USA | Oct. 21, 2011 03:43
Without invitation letter, you can't get a business visa in Switzerland. If you have the invitation letter from China side or the covering letter from your US company, it is possible for you to get a business visa in Switzerland.

You can try to apply for a tourist visa to China if you really can't provide the invitation letter. On the visa application form V.2011A, you just click tourism for the major purpose of coming to China.
Related Questions:
Hi, i want to ask you one question. Where can the Swiss citizen obtain Chin...
Mr.SPARK from Uzbekistan
| Nov. 30, 2009 03:17
I am a us citizen visiting Manila and plan to visit Shanghai. Can I obtain ...
Asked by Sue from Usa
| Jan. 07, 2013 00:11
I am an Australian travelling Europe. Can I obtain a Chinese tourist visa i...
Asked by David from Italy
| Jul. 28, 2011 22:41
Hello, I would like to ask one question. I'm an Indonesian citizen, curr...
Asked by Ms.Emiralda from Switzerland
| Feb. 01, 2009 21:40
Do I need to apply for visa ?
Asked by Pavan from India
| Sep. 24, 2012 02:16
Hello, I am a US citizen. I am traveling in Switzerland on holiday. I w...
Asked by Ms.Li from USA
| Mar. 17, 2010 21:27
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)