Asked by mathew from Papua New Guinea | Oct. 17, 2011 00:46
About:China Embassy in Papua New Guinea

Can i have a transit visa HK if i want to go to china?

hi, i was student in CHina and now working in PNG.My lecture was me to go over to visit them however i was wondering if i can get a transit visa of HK to china.I'm planining to go HK and then get a train to mainland china which i guess is more cheap. And apart from writing a invitional letter, 1. The original passport with blank visa pages and at least 6-month validity
2. Properly completed Visa Application Forms (Form V2011A and Form V 2011B)
3. One recent passport photo attached on the Visa Application Form.
4. Travel itinerary or Invitation Letter of relatives in China.

should any documents be given?

Answers (1)
Answered by David | Oct. 17, 2011 02:28
Have you already applied for a China student visa as you said you are a student in China? If so, you need to additionally apply for a Hong Kong transit visa since you'll transit there. The requirements for Hong Kong transit visa include:
1. Application for Entry for Visit/Transit in Hong Kong (ID 1003A)
2. The applicant's recent photograph (affixed on page 1 of the application form ID 1003A)
3. Photocopy of the applicant's travel document containing personal particulars, date of issue, date of expiry and/or details of any re-entry visa held (if applicable)
4. Photocopy of proof of the applicant's financial standing, e.g. bank statements, savings accounts passbooks, tax receipts, etc. and proof of employment (if any), e.g. company leave letter, salary slips, etc.
5. Photocopy of proof of transportation arrangement, e.g. flight itinerary
6. Photocopy of proof of the proposed visit in the next destination after visiting Hong Kong, itinerary, etc.

Related Questions:
hi, I am a French living in HK (I have an HK ID).
Asked by alix from France
| Sep. 14, 2016 02:10
Direct way from hong kong airport to shenzhen city
Asked by Bobol from Iran
| Jul. 23, 2015 04:05
I have possport somalia i want to go china
Asked by Amina from Somalia
| May. 24, 2016 22:15
I want to go for a 2 day trip to Chengdu from HK can I go on this 72 hour v...
Asked by M from United Kingdom
| Jan. 04, 2016 03:26
free transit in Shanghai, can I get it?
Asked by Hansen from Brazil
| Apr. 02, 2016 02:44
Apply for "home return" permit in the U.S?
Asked by chau from USA
| Jul. 17, 2013 04:27
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)