Asked by Jacqueline deBest from Singapore | Sep. 11, 2011 07:03
About:Chinese Embassy in Singapore

I am Canadian citizen living in Singapore with a dependant pass, do we need a double entry visa to go to Hong Kong, Beijing and Haikou?

I am Canadian citizen living in Singapore with a dependant pass. Going on trip to China Oct 15-29, We are going to Hongkong Beijing and Haikou. Do we need a double entry visa? My Canadian passport expires July 11 2012 and that is 4 days short of having a valid passport 9 months or more valid. Is this a concern?

Answers (1)
Answered by David from China | Sep. 12, 2011 21:39
Hong Kong is considered as a third territory in terms of visas and Canada passport holders are allowed to stay in HK for up to 90 without a visa, for the purpose of tourism only.
One entry is enough if you visit Beijing and Hainan continuously , for they are both in China mainland. But if you'll visit in this order, Hainan-HK-Beijing or Beijing-HK-Hainan, double entries will be needed.
Your passport are OK if applying for a one-entry visa. Usually, the passport is required to have at least 6 months validity when submitted for visa application.
Related Questions:
I am an American Citizen holding a Singapore Employment pass and my wife is...
Asked by Mr.Kamlesh from Singapore
| Apr. 24, 2009 04:20
Hi, I am currently a Employment pass holder living with my family in Singa...
Asked by Mr.Arvind from Singapore
| Dec. 08, 2009 03:17
Hi, I have few questions regarding visa application. My husband and I are M...
Asked by Ms.Tan from Singapore
| Nov. 09, 2010 19:02
Are Medicals required for visa application?
Asked by Kandy
| Aug. 29, 2013 02:55
My husband is Pakistani holding long term pass of Singapore as a dependant ...
Asked by Ms.Caroline from Singapore
| Nov. 02, 2009 21:11
Canadian boy travelling to China
Asked by Natalia from Singapore
| Jan. 16, 2013 03:46
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)