Asked by Sterling from Canada | Sep. 07, 2011 14:20
About:China Visa Entries / Validity / Duration of Stay

Is it OK for me to enter China three times with a two entry visa? I'll enter China twice for transfering at the airport and once for tourism.

I am flying Toronto to Singapore via a transit stop and change of planes in Beijing, and then on same trip 4 days later flying from Jakarta to Taiwan through Shanghai with a change of planes in Shanghai, then 2 days later flying from Taiwan to Shanghai where I will stay for 5 days as a tourist. Technically I am entering China 3 times, 2 as a transit, and 1 as a tourist. I can only get a tourist visa for 2 entries, and I am concerned that when I enter Shanghai for my 5 day stay, my visa will not be valid anymore because of my earlier transit stops ?

Answers (1)
Answered by David from China | Sep. 08, 2011 02:21
If you'll stay at the Beijing airport transit area and leave it within 24 hours, no visa is needed if you have the connecting ticket to Singapore.
About the Transit at Shangahai, no visa is needed either if you have passports, visas and tickets to Taiwan. You can even leave the airport to enter downtown Shanghai and stay there for up to 48 hours.

In this case, you don't need visas at all to transit at Beijing and Shanghai. But don't let the officer stamp your visa at those ports. If they are going to stamp it, you should inform you are just transferring and the visa will be used soon after. Some travlers inform that the officers donot know they are just transferring and stamp the visa, which causes a lot trouble for them.
Related Questions:
I am a Ugandan national , How can i get a chines multiple entry visa for bu...
Asked by Herbert GYABI from UGANDA
| Jan. 11, 2012 02:23
This question relates to how many times I can enter China on a visa and wha...
Asked by Mr.Simon from UK
| Oct. 05, 2010 03:09
I am Turkish citizen in Hong Kong. I have Hong Kong ID.
Asked by Akadir Alcan from Turkey
| Mar. 01, 2016 20:26
I will in China 30 January 2015, my China visa validity 5 February 2015. i...
Asked by Eva from Malaysia
| Jan. 30, 2015 01:21
I have an renowned artist from Germany who needs to enter China three separ...
Asked by Ms.Melissa from USA
| Jan. 25, 2011 00:32
For American passport holders
Asked by Michelle Cook from USA
| Sep. 12, 2016 03:22
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)