Asked by Cathryn from Australia | Sep. 04, 2011 08:19
About:China Visa Application Procedure and Fee

what type of visa will i require for visiting Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing?

My 20 year old daughter and I will be travelling to Hong kong from singapore in Feb 2012, then onto Shanghai and then onto Beijing and then straight back to Hongkong then to Singapore. What type of visa will we need and when should we apply for it, how long will it take to process the visa and will we need to deliver the app and pick it up rather than posting it? We live in Western Australia. How much will a visa cost? Thankyou for your assistance

Answers (1)
Answered by David from China | Sep. 05, 2011 02:33
Are you Australia passport holders? If so, you can stay in Hong kong without a visa up to 90 days, for the purpose of tourism only.
To visit Shanghai and Beijing (both in mainland China) for sightseeing, you will need to apply for tourism visas. You'd better apply for it one or two months (at least two weeks) ahead of your date of entering China mainland. It usually takes four working days to process a visa if you go to apply in person. If applying by posting, it will take 10 working days. A single entry visa costs AUD40 while a double entry visa costs AUD60. You should also pay AUD 38.5 per visa to the CVASC as handling fee if applying by person; if by posting, it is AUD55 per visa.
Related Questions:
Holiday visa for two people to different cities in China
Asked by Maurice from England
| Feb. 21, 2017 21:49
I will be visiting Hong Kong , Tianjin and Shanghai on a cruise ship will I...
Asked by Bernhard from Australia
| Jan. 12, 2012 21:24
i want to visit hong kong and china , what are the visa procedures ? Which ...
Asked by saurabh from India
| Jun. 12, 2013 22:32
Hi I am South African traveling to Hong Kong and Macau what type of visa do...
Asked by Shakeera from South Africa
| Feb. 19, 2014 02:57
I and visiting HONGKONG, do I require a visa from india?
Asked by s.k.saha from india
| Mar. 03, 2017 03:53
Australian on Cruise
Asked by Jennifer Smith from Australia
| Dec. 14, 2015 21:49
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)