Asked by Quan from South Korea | Aug. 16, 2011 06:12
About:China Transit Visa

Do I need a transit visa? Transit at Baiyun International Airport

I'm a Vietnamese student. I study in Seoul and want to come back my country in next month. So, I buy a transit ticket to fly from Seoul to HoChiMinh via Guǎngzhōu. I'll stay there 9 hours and I want to go out to try the Chinese cultural. Do I need a visa application in this case?
Some friends of mine transited at Beijing Airport at this February. They go out about 8 hours and they don't need a visa application before. When they arrived Beijing, they get a stamp for transit in 24 hours and they go out the airport easily. So they suggest me not apply for visa before the flight. I don't know what should I do ?
Help me, please ^^

Answers (1)
Answered by Mike from China | Aug. 16, 2011 22:22
You can also try to get the 24 hours transit stamp when you arrive at Baiyun International Airport, the flight ticket (Seoul-Guangzhou-HoChiMinh) can prove your purpose of transit.
Related Questions:
Do I need any sort of Transit Visa for a layover of 2 hrs at CAN airport?
Asked by Pradipta Das from United States
| Aug. 23, 2017 01:36
I will travel from Bangladesh to Canada via Guangzhou . Do I need transit v...
Asked by tanzeer from Bangladesht
| Sep. 08, 2017 04:13
I fly to Moscow via Guangzhou New Baiyun (CAN) do I need to have a transit ...
Asked by Maria from NZ
| May. 17, 2013 22:25
I am sri lankan national and flying from Los Angeles (US) to Colombo (Sri L...
Asked by asela ratnayake from Sri Lanka
| Mar. 28, 2018 22:04
Hi, I'm travelling from philippines to nepal and my transit is in guangzhou...
Asked by suresh from Nepal
| Jun. 27, 2016 01:56
I have a layover of 17 hours in Guangzhou Airport, Do I need transit visa t...
Asked by Ali from Australia
| Apr. 24, 2013 04:58
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)