Asked by Jeff_Canada from Canada | Jul. 27, 2011 11:46
About:Chinese Embassy in U.K.

My wife will get a Z visa to work in China as a teacher, if I get a Z visa as a dependant, can I work legally in China?

Hi, My wife got a teaching job in China and will be getting a 'z visa'. I am wondering if I can get a job and work under 'her z visa' or do I apply for a Z Visa together with her and once I have this Z Visa as a dependant, can I work legally in China with this visa??

Many many thanks!

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.ELLIOTT from China | Jul. 27, 2011 23:20
You can't legally work in China under Z visa as dependent. Now, you can apply for Z visa as dependent to enter China, and then apply for residence permit. During the stay in China, you can find a job and ask the employer to obtain the Official Invitation Letter and Alien Employment License, once you get the two documents, you can go to Hong Kong to apply for work visa, then return to Mainland China to work and apply for residence permit.
Related Questions:
Married to Chinese wife
Asked by Doug from USA.
| Nov. 23, 2017 00:11
If my family visits me on L, can they change it into Z as dependent in chin...
Asked by Murali from China
| Feb. 23, 2013 01:51
Will getting a Z visa Void my travel visa?
Asked by Steve from USA
| Dec. 05, 2017 19:51
Is it possible to get z visa as a zimbabwean esl teacher in china?
Asked by lawrence from Zimbabwe
| Mar. 27, 2014 04:44
i am an ESL Teacher in mainland China and would like to get my wife and two...
Asked by Mr.nolan ybanezq from Philippines
| Oct. 03, 2010 22:14
Bring my wife to China
Asked by Abdullah from Yemen
| May. 13, 2014 03:04
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)