Asked by Christopher from United States | Jul. 26, 2011 19:21
About:China Consulate in Houston

I'm going to China next month to get married, what paperwork do i need to get?

I plan on getting married in China what paperwork is required in order for me to get married in China? please tell me if you can.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.JOHNNASH from United States | Jul. 26, 2011 21:20
The applicant who will go to China for marriage registration shall apply for a single/non-marital status certificate. Legal marriage age in China is 22 or older for male and 20 or older for female.

Procedure for obtaining a single/non-marital status certificate

(1).Affidavit of Single Status, signed before a notary public.

(2).Certified by the Secretary of the State Office of the state where the document is executed.

*Some states require the notarized document to be sent to the notary public's county clerk for verification before presenting to the Office of Secretary of State. Please contact Secretary of State Office of the state where your document is executed for details.

(3). Certified by Consulate General of China in Houston.

You must apply to the correct Consulate General which holds consular jurisdiction over your area of residence. The Consular District of the Chinese Consulate General in Houston covers: Alabama, Arkansas, Flordia, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Texas. Only documents certified by the Secretaries of State Office of the above listed 8 states can be certified by the Chinese Consulate General in Houston.

You can apply for a China visa together when you apply for authentication of the Affidavit of Single Status at the consulate.
Related Questions:
hey all i have been looking on the web all night to try and see how i can d...
Asked by chris from United Kingdom
| Oct. 23, 2015 04:09
Hi, Im travelling to Hongkong next month, I wanted to visit also shenzen. ...
Asked by Mrs.ken from Philippines
| Dec. 30, 2010 01:36
I will visit my girlfiend in China for the 2nd time and we are planning to ...
Asked by Mr.Randolph from USA
| Jan. 16, 2011 03:49
I am a Mexican citizen and currently living and working in the US
Asked by Marcos from USA
| Jan. 20, 2012 21:57
Requirements for marriage in shanghai
Asked by Ame from Philippines
| Sep. 01, 2015 22:04
I have an S2 Chinese visa good for multiple entries of 90 days.
Asked by terry from shanghai china
| Jul. 24, 2015 03:58
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)