Asked by guest from Thailand | Jul. 20, 2011 02:29
About:China Embassy in Thailand

Can a U.S. citizen applying for China visa in Hong Kong(not resident of Hong Kong)?

Hi, I am a U.S. citizen traveling in Thailand. I was planning on traveling to Hong Kong, applying for tourist visa to China there, and traveling to China. However I have heard the Chinese Hong Kong consulate will not accept visa applications from people other than residents of Hong Kong. Is this true? If so can I apply for a visa to China in Thailand?

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.ELLIOTT from China | Jul. 21, 2011 04:10
It is not completely right, citizens of 33 countries can't apply for China visa in Hong Kong if they are not resident in Hong Kong, however, U.S.citizen is not included in the list. You can still obtain Chinese visa in Hong Kong. It is also possible for you to get a visa to China in Thailand.
Related Questions:
quick question about visa application in hong kong to china (I am US reside...
Asked by Michelle from USA
| Jan. 15, 2015 00:25
US citizen in Hong Kong. Can I get a Chinese visa there?
Asked by Hudson from USA
| Feb. 25, 2018 21:14
Can a person use Hong Kong Permanent Resident card enter China without app...
Asked by MJ Siu from U S A
| Feb. 01, 2012 01:26
I am a Peruvian citizen and U.S. resident, travelling to Hong Kong for a we...
Asked by RLand from USA
| Jun. 07, 2013 03:25
I am a US citizen with US passport living in Margarita, Venezuela. I want t...
Asked by Mr.Smith from Venezuela
| Apr. 23, 2011 21:04
Visa requirement for Hong Kong resident with US Passport
Asked by Hing from WOO
| Sep. 25, 2012 03:42
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)