Asked by Sid | Jul. 13, 2011 04:27
About:China Student Visa

Where do I need to have Health Check Certificate in Hong Kong to apply China Student Visa?

I am a permanent Hong Kong resident and am joining a Shanghai University. I went to the PRC consulate in Hong Kong to apply for student visa (X visa) however my application was not accepted as I did not have the health check certificate. I have with me the JW202 form (issued by the Ministry of education of the PRC) and the enrollment notice from the University. Can someone tell me where I can go (In Hong Kong) for health check? The PRC consulate could not (read, did not) particularly help. Alternatively, can I go to Shanghai on ordinary tourist visa and change it to student Visa (x visa) after arriving China?

Thank you in advance for your assistance in this.


Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.HELLOKITTY from Canada | Jul. 14, 2011 02:32
You'd better make medical examination and get a health check certificate in Hong Kong, then obtain a Student Visa (X visa) to Shanghai. You can't go to Shanghai on oridinary tourist visa and change it into student visa (X visa) after arriving China.

I don't know the list of hospitals authorized by the Commissioner's Office of Foreign Affairs Ministry of PRC, generally speaking, the major public hospitals in Hong Kong are accepted. You can go to the Commissioner's Office again to get the list of hospitals.
Related Questions:
z and temporary residence inquiry
Asked by karen from Philippines
| Apr. 17, 2013 02:57
Health Check requirement in China visa application
Asked by judy Wong from Australia
| Jan. 06, 2014 02:46
I am a Nepali student in Mbabane, Swaziland. I need to apply for Hong Kong ...
Asked by Ajit Sharma from Nepal
| May. 13, 2018 21:11
Physical Examination Record for Foreigner where should i go?
Asked by awais from pakistan
| May. 25, 2014 01:41
Where do I get the Health Certificate needed for work in China?
Asked by Glynn Kane from New Zealand
| Aug. 13, 2013 01:34
Regarding application for Z visa: Do I apply in Singapore or China?
Asked by Ms.Mei Koh from SIN
| Nov. 09, 2009 22:07
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)