Asked by Lorenzo from Taiwan | Jun. 28, 2011 12:49
About:China Embassy in Japan

Keep passport during Chinese visa application process in Tokyo

Hi, I am planning to visit China soon and need a visa as European citizen living in Japan. Can I apply at the Chinese embassy in Tokyo and keep my passport while the visa is issued, since I am to travel abroad in the meantime? Thank you

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.JOHNNASH from United States | Jun. 28, 2011 21:11
The passport has to be left at the embassy in Tokyo when the visa application is processed because China visa has to be affixed to the original passport. It takes 4 working days for processing for regular service, for example, you submit visa application on Monday, you pick it up on Thursday; you submit visa application on Friday, you pick it up on next Wednesday. The rush service of 2 working days processing is available in the embassy, you can apply this service if you need passport urgently.
Related Questions:
We submit the application through the travel agency.
Asked by Dan from USA
| Oct. 30, 2017 20:38
Passport whereabouts during application process
Asked by Dee from South Africa
| Aug. 23, 2017 22:47
Conference in China, Indian passport holder living in Tokyo.
Asked by Vipul from Japan
| Sep. 30, 2014 03:58
are the Chinese embassy open to process visa application during their holi...
Asked by Mr.von from Philippines
| Sep. 22, 2009 01:16
Do they keep your passport if you apply in person
Asked by Julie from Australia
| Feb. 13, 2018 21:50
I hold a UK passport and am currently travelling in Tokyo.
Asked by Laura from England
| Jul. 23, 2017 21:20
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)