Asked by Jean from Korea, Republic of | Jun. 08, 2011 10:47
About:Chinese Embassy in South Korea

How can I get a China visa if my E-2 visa has only 4 months left when I wish to travel?

I'm a US passport holder, living in Korea on an E-2 visa. I want to visit China. I've been told I need to have a minimum of 6 months remaining on my E-2 visa in order to visit China and be allowed to return to South Korea. Is that true? I've got 2 years remaining on my US passport. I will only have about 4 months left on my E-2 visa at the time I wish to travel.

Answers (1)
Answered by Bob from China | Jun. 10, 2011 03:32
Yes, it is true that China embassy/consulates in South Korea asks non-Korean applicants to provide valid visa or ARC with at least 6 months remaining validity. You can apply for a China visa when your E-2 visa has 6 months remaining validity, then go to visit China before the expiry date of China visa. The other option is to go to Hong Kong for China visa application, then travel to Mainland China.
Related Questions:
I am a Canadian Teacher near Seoul with an E2 Visa. I will have almost 7 mo...
Asked by Mr.Lapierre from Korea
| Jan. 12, 2011 03:24
Hi, I am an Irish citizen living and working in Korea and an E2 visa hol...
Asked by Ms.Crawford from South Korea
| Jan. 14, 2011 21:26
I'm an American living in Korea. My ARC only has 2 months left on it. How d...
| Sep. 27, 2014 01:59
New 72 hour exempt rule
Asked by Bridget from Korea
| Jan. 15, 2013 02:42
I hold a New Zealand passport, what kind of China visa do I need for inspea...
Asked by William Faulkner from Australia
| May. 20, 2011 01:53
How can I obtain a visa with only 2 months left on my ARC?
Asked by Teal from South Korea
| Jan. 18, 2013 01:12
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)